A copy of instructions per patrol. An area (island) marked out per patrol. Necessary or useful gear (as below) scattered about the area.
• odd ropes
• tea bags
• powdered milk
• Ice-cream container
• A copy of semaphore
• Clue to the identity of the saboteur
N.B. You have to make sure that only one person has a tie on.
eg. EITR UOYF ODIR TEGKS IRT ASI YTITN EDIRU OYK| NIH TUO YFI
(Hint: If you can't work this out you
must be backward.)
Instructions to Patrol
You are the survivors of a plane crash. You are on an island with your fellow survivors and have no immediate means of getting home. Deal with the following problems as best you can using anything you can find on your island to salvage. You should deal with them in the order which you consider most important or practical. Remember that you can't swim across the shark infested waters to ask us for help. We might rescue you in about 1/2-2 hours.
• Make a shelter to protect you from the weather.
• Make a 'meal' of tea and damper.
• Administer First Aid to one of your group who has a broken leg, and transport her to the shelter.
• Send a message to the mainland (you're too far to shout and we can't see any signs you write).
• Find out who in your group sabo¬taged the plan and tie her up. (There is some clue in the wreckage as to who this person may be.)